Friday, March 2, 2012

A Taste of Home

Hi everyone....I'm finally getting a chance, thanks to the neighbor girls for kid-sitting the peanuts, to do a post or two that have been waiting fairly patiently.  Pics are now downloaded from my phone and camera so here we go....

In January J was supposed to make a trip to the US to do an audio book in the studio.  At the last minute it was put on hold and since the hotel was non-refundable T and I jumped on the plane and spent a cold week in NYC.  It ended up snowing there while we were flying so we landed in a white wonderland that lasted a couple days.  Long enough for T to enjoy it and short enough for me to enjoy it. :)

The trip was a very good break from France and a good chance for T to see some friends he asks about ALL the time, get in a good snowball fight, and make a snowman (albeit a rather small one), and for me to do some comfort Target shopping, catch up with some of my favorite NJ/NYC girls, and get my Starbucks fix. :)

I used just my cell phone for all the pics.  Here's what we did.....


This was on the way to Target.  On the way back from the store we saw people pass it and smile,
not knowing T had made it.
A little exercise at the Children's Museum of Manhattan.

Had our favorite hotel brunch at the Hyatt in Jersey City with it's awesome view of Manhattan.
A bit of a cloudy day. 
Rebuilding the skyline around the World Trade Center area.
Met my friend at this super cute (French) coffee spot, La Maison du Macaron.  Yummy macaroons!!

A pizza party for T and his friends from our old apartment building and his school.
The Portside Three Musketeers.

Got my NYC diner fix at Johnny Rockets.  The staff does a little dance for you when the tune is right.
An American meal...burger (turkey for me) with cheese, tomato, bacon, ketchup, mayo, some cheese fries and a strawberry and banana shake. YUMMMMMMMM.  The one thing you CANNOT get here in France!  No one makes turkey burgers or a meal this good and greasy!
Our one beautiful sunny day.  Good time to play in the sun and have a little siesta.
I really stocked up at Target!  I was a little nervous about going through customs. :)


Only in Europe, this is in the Frankfurt airport, a smoking box!
The tickets were super cheap so maybe this will be our yearly mom and son voyage.  At any rate, it was a great trip even with the crummy weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...