Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Woody's In Town...

And I don't mean Pecker!

As Hollywood has been adding the Cote D'Azur to it's list of favorite spots to film, I'm getting a chance to hob nob with the celebs.  Last November it was "Grace of Monaco" with Nicole Kidman, Tim Roth, Parker Posy, and Robert Lindsay, to name a few.  This year it's WASP, Directed by Woody Allen and starring Colin Firth, Emma Stone, Hamish Linklater, and surprise...Marsh Gay Harden.  Her being a surprise since I had no idea she was in it until I was standing next to her on set!

So, the article came out asking for bodies and I answered the call.  I mean it IS Woody Allen for goodness sake!  I'd be a fool to miss getting to see him in action. (No matter what we think about his personal life.)


The story goes...they didn't want people with tans or colored hair.  Hahahahahahahahahahaha.  Sorry.  This is the South of France, no tans??, and with anyone over 40 you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't color their hair!

So, at the casting I was initially passed aside by the young girl at the paper-drop-off table and as I proceeded to leave, the main casting lady who was scanning the crowd asked of I had gotten my picture taken (reserved only for those who passed the young girl's once over-the one who didn't feel my hair was natural enough).  I said no, the girl had said no to me, and she promptly took me inside for my picture.  Step one done, now I waited to see if I got a call.

In Greece I got my call and was scheduled for a fitting.  Yeah!  So I spent half of my holiday tucked under an umbrella hiding from the sun.  I had a good book so all was well. 

BUT....after the fitting they called and said I couldn't work with them, something about me not having a SS# for French taxes.  Well, that's CRAZY talk since being a Monaco Resident I am not required to pay French taxes and there wasn't a problem with "Grace."  Back and forth, lalalala, still a "no".  The casting lady was really nice, but just couldn't figure out how to make it work.  Well, husband to the rescue.  He doesn't let anything get in his way, especially not French Bureaucracy that makes no sense, and promptly made a call to our tax office.  Within hours I walked out of the Head of Taxes office with a letter saying I could indeed work.  (this kind of thing could only happen in Monaco!)  Done and dusted.  I sent it to them and got a call of happiness within hours.  YEAH!!  I was back on.




Costume number one...

So, off to set we went.  The Jazz club.  Once we got there they asked if anyone knew how to dance.  I said YES!, even if I wasn't sure what dance I was supposed to know how to do.  I did a sampling of my Charlston, and was sent to the stage.  Whew!  Then....to my lucky stars, Colin and Emma took their place on the dance floor, RIGHT NEXT TO ME!  Let's see them cut me out of this one.

We chatted a bit, had a couple laughs, I appologized about a hundred times for bashing into poor Colin while we danced and he claimed it was all his fault.  What a darling.  I don't think I couldn't have gotten any luckier.  Back to the hotel to change for scene number two...

Our Green Room. :)
Costume number two with a hair change.
So, back to the Jazz Club for scene number two.  I got to remain a dancer and took my spot on the dance floor.  To my surprise, now I was next to Marsha Gay Harden!!  This time I was sandwiched between Hamish, Emma, and Marsha.  We chatted a little and danced a little and that was that.  Life is good!  Not bad for a day's work.


It was quite a sight for the locals and tourists as we all moved through the streets of Old Town, Nice.  The costumes were so amazing that we must have looked like a parade when all 28 of us were walking together.

Can't wait to see if I make it to the screen! I'm not even sure what it's gonna be called so I guess, just look out for the next Woody Allen film to hit the theaters and keep your eyes peeled during the Jazz Club scenes.

This is top secret stuff, so don't go sharin... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...