Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ahhh, It's Scarf Tiiiiiiime...

Well, Sunday marked the first day the boys had to put on a pair of jeans since the Spring. So, we took a pic to mark the date.  




 And that day ended with the most amazing sunset that I wanted to share with you...all these pics are from the same night...







And now, it's the 22nd of September, the first day of Fall.  We're having the most wonderful Indian Summer, like the ones I grew up with.  I think I would say it's my favorite season.  NYC hasn't seen a real Indian Summer for some years and I've missed it!  The cool mornings and evenings are great, but you still get summer in the afternoon, enough to throw the shorts back on or take a plunge in the sea, so it's not such a shock to see the summer going.  


But, as much as I hate seeing Summer slowly fade, it makes me excited because... I mark it as "Scarf Season."  I love the way the French wear their scarves so well and so proudly.  So, J and I have joined in.....



Amazing how a scarf can make a simple t-shirt more interesting.  I can wear my ordinary white or black t and with a scarf I instantly feel fashionable.  The way some people collect bags, I've started collecting scarves! 


So, if you're feeling a little dull, throw on a pretty scarf and be French for the day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...