Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Je ne comprends pas....

Well, I just spent three hours covering Taylor's plastic covered school workbooks with plastic.  Does this strike anyone else as mad?? 


He came home with these 5 books in his backpack after the first day and said some were supposed to stay home.  That's all I got.  And he didn't know which ones.  I searched his backpack for a note, that must have fallen off them, telling me just what exactly to do with these books.   None.


The next day they remained in his backpack.  I finally asked the teacher if some were to stay at home or do they come home with him everyday.  (I didn't remember any of this from the brief attendance of last year.)  And eventually the French teacher (who doesn't speak any English) and I work it out that they are to be covered in a plastic covering.


Whhyyyyy?  It's not like these need to be returned at the end of the year.  


James said that it seemed just like the French to just keep sending them home without a note as a way of simply saying..."Do something with these.  I'm not going to tell you what, you'll have to figure that one out yourself."  Oh, and this is a European custom.  I shrug my shoulders at whhyyyyy.  I mean, the covers of these books are already coated in plastic.  And in reality, who gives a fuss if the edges get worn.  Certainly not the five year olds working in them.  I finished ranting, and then spent three hours meticulously wrapping each one like a prized Christmas present.


Don't they look beautiful!!


And then to top off the evening, the English teacher (that just started on Monday!) has quit.  I soooo wonder the real reason why.  I'm guessing it's a bit to do with American versus French customs.  They're VERY different and can be hard on we sensitive, overly nice Americans.  :)


Can't wait to see who takes her place when school resumes tomorrow.


Wonder if I'll get a "good job" sticker for my plastic coverings.  One can only hope.....


Just to make you smile.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...