Tuesday, October 23, 2012

London Calling...

Wow, time has whizzed by.  Besides enjoying life in Monaco I got a super surprise from the husband....he whisked the kids and me off to London for a weekend adventure so I could see GEORGE MICHAEL in concert before he heads back into rehab and becomes a Vegas show.

So sweet of J!  He didn't have any desire to sit through a GM concert, but between you and me, and he'll never admit this in public, he actually enjoyed the show.

I had a moment in life with the Freedom album, as we all seem to do with certain pieces of music, and when GM was coming through Nice a few months ago I had mentioned how I would like to see him in concert.  Like Madonna, you just have to see some artists from your lifetime before they hang up the hat.  Sooooo, off the family went to fulfill momma's George Michael crush, I mean dream.

We made sure to make it a fun weekend for all so first off we hit the Hamley's Toy store....




E chose a princess costume and a doggie named Princess.  A theme???
She's so girlie. :)
We saw the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum....




Scary T-Rex.

Had some true Chinese food in London's China Town (haven't found good Chinese here in France yet)...


Strolled through Kensington Garden's Park and rolled down the Prince's hill in front of the palace....








And enjoyed a few tunes from the crooner himself....


It's funny going to concerts with older artists, there's champagne instead of beer, steak instead of hot dogs, and people sit more than stand...my kind of show. :)


A little English breakfast and back to Monaco we go...


 Not bad for two days work. :)  Thanks J for my pressie, we had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...