Wednesday, October 19, 2011

English Spoken Here....

Ahhh, just what the doctored ordered.  A short trip to London, a country that speaks my language. :)


I have to admit, simply stepping up to the check-in counter at the airport felt very refreshing as I could now understand all that was being said around me.  I felt a slight exhale now that I didn't have to think about every word I wanted to say and find that I couldn't locate any of those words (en Francais) in my poor, tired little brain.  Even Taylor was happy.  He kept correcting Emm back into English when she would say "Merci" to someone.  I think his brain was happy for the rest, too.  J was on the feel good wagon as well and said it felt really good to be there.  Every corner contained a memory from his childhood and he had fun showing his family where he grew up.


BUT, the problem with London, of course, is the weather!  We just don't like being cold, so living there isn't likely to be in the future for us.  We were lucky though that after the first day of overcast skies, the sun came out for us.  Like a shining beacon in the English skies.


We made the trip to see family that came in from Australia, J's brother and his family, and to cuddle their new baby. Here's a little glimse of our travels.....


Just landed...

Perfect that this was our cab from the airport.
Just a crazy Smart car covered in astroturf.
Ahhhhhh, finally!

The world's tallest man at "Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium".


One of T's cousins, this one, was born two days after him.

J's brother and his two sons.











Sooooo many lovely parks.  London is so green!
A trip to London isn't complete without a stroll through Harrods!
The amazing food halls.....


We walked 10 feet away from the counter, tucked into a corner, and devoured our chocolates!
YUM! The city (country) of pot pies!!
The beauty of Harrods...

Daddy's old school uniform (available in Harrods), hasn't changed...
Daddy's old grade school.






She just loved holding her new cousin.
An old fashioned #9 bus sits outside T's school in Nice and London had just brought 
some of the old buses out of retirement...
So we had to take a ride in it!
 Well, there are plans to return to London, quite often if it's up to me.  There are so many more things to see and do and I'm pretty sure I'll need some English therapy here and there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...